Studio Artist Information for Private and Communal Creative Spaces
Artists and creative people who are interested in becoming a private studio member or having membership access to common space, a collaborative work environment and equipment, should consider joining Art Works!
Spaces are available on a private, semi-private, shared, and collaborative basis. Art Works is intentionally flexible to allow for the demand within the artist community to help define offerings. Now is the time to become a member and create in our studio spaces!
Send us an email to arrange a tour of the building and studios. Application information is below.
Studio Artist Application Form
Art Works is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose purpose is to provide working artists with the space, community, and programming necessary for a successful practice. Art Works serves as a hub for artists, the community, and existing arts organizations in the South Metro area to connect and network with each other. The collaborative nature of our artistic community is our driving force; we hope and expect that our studio artists will both contribute to, and benefit from, their fellow artists across media.
Studio Artists who opt for a 6- or 12-month membership will have 24/7 coded access to their studio space, lounge, and kitchenette area. Month-to-month general communal studio artists will have access to the studio during business hours. AWE membership also includes the following benefits: free wi-fi, utilities included, participation in group shows, open studio nights, and community events.
Interested artists must fill out the application form below and provide the following materials for jurying*:
*(General Communal Studio applicants will not be subject to the jurying process; however, we ask that these materials be submitted nevertheless for our knowledge and records)
- A brief resume (no more than 2 pages);
- A list of 2-3 personal and/or professional references, including names, phone numbers, and email addresses;
- 3-5 digital images, audio files, or links to online video content (attached with the electronic or mailed application), of work completed within the last 3 years; and
- A check for the total amount due with application, which is $50 annual supporter donation plus one month’s membership dues (based on your application choices — please refer to the Membership Rates section above for details)
Your check will not be deposited unless or until you have passed the jurying process and have signed a membership agreement; if you are not accepted to be a studio artist at this time, your checks will be returned to you.
Please review these important documents before applying:
- Communal Studio Membership Agreement
- Private Studio Membership Agreement
- Building Conduct and Use Terms
- Studio Subsidy Policy (effective 11.27.18)
Please download the application form (pdf format) and email the completed application materials and digital files to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send your application materials (with digital files on a shared online drive, compact disc, or thumb drive) to:
3795 Pilot Knob Road
Eagan, MN 55122