Studio Artist Information for Private and Communal Creative Spaces
Artists and creative people who are interested in becoming a private studio member or having membership access to common space, a collaborative work environment and equipment, should consider joining Art Works!
Art Works is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose purpose is to provide working artists with the space, community, and programming necessary for a successful practice. Art Works serves as a hub for artists, the community, and existing arts organizations in the South Metro area to connect and network with each other. The collaborative nature of our artistic community is our driving force; we hope and expect that our studio artists will both contribute to, and benefit from, their fellow artists across media.
Spaces are available on a private, semi-private, shared, and communal basis. Art Works is intentionally flexible to allow for the demand within the artist community to help define offerings. Now is the time to become a member and create in our studio spaces!
Studio Artists will have 24/7 coded access to their studio space, lounge, and kitchenette area. Art Works membership also includes the following benefits: free wi-fi, utilities included, participation in group shows, open studio nights, and community events.
Send us an email to arrange a tour of the building and studios. Application information is below.
|General Communal Studio||$30/month|
|Communal Ceramics Studio||$125/month|
|Communal Ceramics Studio with extra storage||$190/month (48 sq.ft. single space)|
$375/month (96 sq.ft. double space)
|Private Studio||Studio sizes and rates vary; please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for details|
Interested artists must fill out the application form below and provide the following materials for jurying.* You cannot save your application and return to it at a later time, please gather the following information and documents prior to filling out the online form:
*(General Communal Studio applicants will not be subject to the jurying process; however, we ask that these materials be submitted nevertheless for our knowledge and records).
- A brief resume (no more than 2 pages);
- A list of 2-3 personal and/or professional references, including names, phone numbers, and email addresses;
- 3-5 digital images, audio files or links to online video content of work completed within the last 3 years; and
- A check for the total amount due with application, (or you may request an invoice be sent to you within the Application) which is the annual supporter donation (either $50 individual supporter or $75 family supporter, more details here) plus one month’s membership dues (based on your application choices — please refer to the Membership Rates section above for details).
Your check will not be deposited unless or until you have passed the jurying process and have signed a membership agreement; if you are not accepted to be a studio artist at this time, your check will be returned to you. If you request and pay an invoice, you will be refunded in the original form of payment.
- Application Materials Checklist
- Communal Studio Membership Agreement
- Private Studio Membership Agreement
- Building Conduct and Use Terms
- Studio Subsidy Policy (effective 11.27.18)